- Drag one positive charge and one negative charge into the frame.
- Check the SHOW ELECTRIC FIELD box to see the shape of the net electric field caused by
the two charges.
- Move the charges closer together and further apart. Observe the change in the net
- Drag the yellow positive test charge into the frame. Observe the size and direction of
the net electrostatic force on the test charge.
- Move the test charge around and observe the effect on the net electrostatic force.
- To see the net electrostatic force on the test charge better, you may uncheck the SHOW
ELECTRIC FIELD box.
- Click the RESET button.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 6 for two positive charges and then for two negative charges.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 6 for any three charges placed at right angles to each other.
- Try any other arrangement of charges you might be interested in.